This is definitely the time of year people claim, “Next year will be different. I’m going to…”
- Lose weight
- Make more money
- Save money
- Have a better relationship
- Get into a committed relationship
- Quit smoking
- Quit drinking
- Start a business
- Grow my business
- Charge more for services and products
The list goes on and on. And yet, most people will not achieve what they claim they will. Why? One simple reason; focus and consistency.
I just got back from Matt Bacak’s Meeting of the Minds Birthday Bash. Although this was his b-day party, it was really a mastermind retreat on steroids.
Some of the old timers and powerhouses in the world of online marketing (Tellman Knudson, Joel Comm and Shawn Casey) were there as well as a 17 year old boy who is crushing it online while still going to high school. He averages about $40,000 per month (a cool nearly $500K) per year.
When I asked him his secret, he said, “It’s simple. You just have to….”
Watch the video to find out what he does that is actually very simple and yet, most people miss it because of how simple it is. Ahhhh, we love to complicate things… don’t we?
I am still digesting all the great information I gathered while at Matt’s gathering. Not only did I come back with some incredible “up to the minute” information about what is happening online and off, I deepened friendships, started new friendships and connected with some amazing JV potential partnerships.
Here’s one of the takeaways I got…. “If you’re not consistent, you’re nonexistent.” This came from Matt when he was talking about how he went off the grid for a couple of years.
You have to consistently be seen by your market or they will forget you. What are you doing to be visible? Or are you playing it safe and hiding out?
Another is this; (and I already knew this but always nice to get a reminder) Own your niche! Do all you can to be viewed as the go to authority in your market. It’s all about visibility. do what you can to continually increase your visibility in front of your market, the media, other experts in your industry, etc.
Here are some things to consider as you move your business forward in 2016.
- Nothing beats getting in front of your audience to build trust. This can be from webinars, teleseminars, podcasts, live events and interviews.
- Focus is your best friend. Avoid, at all costs, the distractions that will eat up your time, energy and money. This is huge for virtually anyone in business, but as the 17 year old kid said, “You have to …. If you don’t you will never know what you’re capable of.”
- Create and implement conversion funnels (this is huge because everything you do hinges on how effective your funnels are). This is something that needs to happen before you focus on building your list by driving traffic to your website, blog or landing page.
Your funnels can actually be quite simple. Having funnels in place before you try to drive a bunch of traffic to your site is the difference between incredible results and lukewarm results.
- Take time upfront to get your systems in place with a very clear vision of where you are taking people. You will gain greater results if you know exactly where you want people to be at any given time rather than taking the far too common haphazard approach to generating revenues.
- Rather than saying something can’t be done because of such and such (money, time, knowledge) ask a better question like, “What do I need to do to get this result?”
Regardless of what you want to accomplish in the coming year, take the advice a 17 year old making $40,000 per month. Not sure what his advice is? Watch the short video to find out.
Ready to get on track with your business goals and online revenue? Then get on the inside with The Insider Club. http://www.powerprofitsinsiderclub.com/