In order to generate revenues it is essential to get in front of potential clients and customers. This makes perfect sense.
One of the best ways to build revenues is to build trust with your market, build relationships with clients and truly look after their best interest.
Unfortunately, many entrepreneurs, sales professionals and small business owners (which could include authors, speakers, coaches and consultants) come across as only interested in the sale rather than someone who is interested in the customer’s needs.
Here are some of the most common mistakes made when trying to reach a market.
- Target an incompatible market
- They are not prepared when opportunity strikes
- Appear desperate – not being willing to walk away
- Trying to sell too soon – before they know there is a need
- Prejudging a person’s potential to buy
- Not setting themselves apart from the competition
- Chasing good money after bad – not letting go of someone who just isn’t a good match for your products or services.
Of course, there are more, but the list above can serve as an excellent guage of what you may want to evaluate in your own business practices. It could be the difference between lukewarm success (or even business failure) and incredible success.
The Street Smarts Marketer