Today’s the day! The 30-Day Turnaround Challenge has officially begun.
So, what do you do on Day One? Set your intention for the month. What do you want to accomplish over 30 days?
It doesn’t matter what your goal is, you will be well served to fully identify it.
- Be sugar free
- Eat healthy
- Pay down a credit card by X amount
- Be more loving to a spouse, partner or significant other
- Exercise for a minimum amount of time
- Call X number of prospects per day
- Blog a minimum of X number of words
- Seek X number of podcast interview opportunities
- Generate $XXXX amount of revenue
- Read X minutes per day
- Take X amount of time away from technology per day
- Get to bed by X time
- Wake up at X
There are any number of directions you can go. Start with something doable, but a stretch. Don’t set too many goals or you may give up due to the amount of pressure you feel.
Also, be specific in the outcome you seek. To simply say, “Increase revenues,” doesn’t give you enough clarity on what you need to do to accomplish the outcome. You could increase by $1, but likely you want more than that. Specificity works.
Stay The Course
To assure you stay on track it helps to do more than simply say what you want. You also want to know why you want the result. A big WHY allows you to stay the course when you might feel like giving up.
Here are a few questions to consider.
- What do you want to accomplish?
- Why do you want to do this?
- What will achieving this outcome do for you?
- How will you assure you stay the course for the next 30 days?
- What will you do to put safeguards in place in case you begin to falter?
- How will your life change by accomplishing this goal?
Take a few minutes to write down your answers. The more intentional you are, the better.
Here’s an example of how this works.
- My goal (and commitment) for the 30-Day Turnaround is to accomplish a 75% rewrite of my memoir manuscript.
- For years, I talked about writing a memoir. 18 months ago, I started writing it. I have had many stops and starts in this time. To be able to get most of the writing done by the end of the 30-days will get me so much closer to accomplishing a longtime goal.
- By achieving this outcome, I will have a strong sense of accomplishment. It will move me closer to other goals I have that are directly connected to my speaking and writing.
- Recently, I began a process called The Miracle Morning. (MM) This process was created by Hal Elrod. In a nutshell, this is a morning ritual that allows me to start my day in a very deliberate way. It takes one hour to complete the MM process. By doing the MM, followed immediately by working on my manuscript for a minimum of 30 minutes, I will definitely accomplish my goal.
- The safeguard for me is being visible with the 30-Day Turnaround Challenge. By committing to my community what I plan to do, it is much more likely I will stay the course.
- Knowing I stayed the course with this goal will impact so many other areas of my life. It’s all about commitment and follow through.
Okay… now it’s your turn. Take time to answer the six questions. Spend thoughtful time setting your goal and determining how to stay the course.
The reality is, the 30 days will come and go. What we do during that time either moves us closer to the life we desire or moves us further away.
Most people have more control over their life than they give themselves credit for. By choosing to accomplish something that is important to you, the evidence you will have supports the fact that you can make incredibly powerful changes in your life… if you choose to.
What do you plan to accomplish over the next 30 days? You’ll find support in the community Facebook Group. Click the image below to join.