Over one billion Facebook posts per day!
Whoa! When I read this statistic I was floored. This is only one of 100 statistics I found incredibly revealing.
Check out the others at The Social Skinny.
If you’re not in the game of social media, you need to be. No matter what industry, what size company, what market or what your products or service you offer, chances are social media will help you to achieve your overall business goals faster.
However, it’s not just a matter of posting a few tweets, commenting on your Facebook wall and putting fun videos up on YouTube. It’s about being very strategic with your time, money and effort invested.
Consider the following:
- What is your primary purpose for your social media activity?
- What social networks does your market (tribe/community/family) utilize?
- How much time will you invest daily (or weekly) to building your presence in various social networks?
- Do you need to outsource some of the activities required to give you a professional edge?
- What is your budget for outsourcing?
- How does your social media activity fit into your overall business model?
Regardless of whether or not you see value in social media, those who do and know how to wisely utilize what is available, will not wonder why they got left in the dust.
What is your best tip for using social media? Comments encouraged and welcomed.
Remember to subscribe to The Marketing Mindset in the box in the upper right area Stay Connected.
These are all great questions.
I spend the most time on Facebook and have found it to be a wonderful source of new readers for my blog. I’m guessing I spend anywhere from three to five hours a week on my facebook page. I love my community there!
My best tip for social media is find out what your followers want in the way of updates and give it to them!