I frequently get asked, “How do I get big podcasters to notice me? How do I get them to invite me on their show?”
In a nutshell, you have to “earn” the right.
What do I mean by that? Simply put, you can’t expect the big names to notice you if you’ve not put any tracks down up to that point. To get noticed by big name people, you must be visible to them.
Visibility happens by blogging, posting on social media, writing articles AND getting on podcast shows.
Truth be told, you may actually do great by being on smaller, less known shows. The type of shows that have incredibly loyal followings.
With that being said, here are a few recommendations.
- Get on as many shows as possible. Don’t worry about the size, worry about creating value.
- Create value. This is so important, it bears repeating. Value, value, value.
- Start right where you’re at. Don’t wait for the magic to happen. Create it.
- Make sure the shows you target are a great fit for your message.
- Be consistent.
- Do something everyday to get on shows.
The bottom line is that it takes work. There’s no getting around it. If you think getting on one big show is going to do the trick, it likely won’t. Again, you’re better off getting on lots of smaller shows and creating your own “celebrity.”
CHECKLIST TAKES YOU STEP-BY-STEP
Access the FREE Podcast Interview Checklist.