If you’re looking for an effective way to gain lots of visibility, podcast interviews, hands down, are one of the best. Podcast interviews are a favorite of authors, coaches, consultants and experts of every description.
There are lots of benefits to getting on the air.
- The more you are on the air, the better you get.
- You have a system developed that makes the process very simple.
- Often, when a host hears you on one show, they will reach out to book you for their show.
- You generate interest in your books, speaking and business due to the visibility.
- Shows are archived and can be heard by countless individuals for years to come. The shelf life is amazing.
The bottom line is this, podcast shows are a great idea.
- Determine the specific message you want to convey.
- Research shows that fit their expertise.
- Determine if it is appropriate to use the show to promote a book.
- Prepare all marketing material such as the expert one sheet, bio, media outreach letter, on air introduction and questions and high-resolution photos.
- Reach out to host.
- Book an interview.
- Send all required information to the show host.
- Clarify the format of the show (video or audio only).
- Request all access details including URL’s for Zoom, phone number, etc. for interview.
- Add all details to interview spreadsheet.
- Send reminder to show host and client 48 hours before the interview.
- Ask for replay link after the show goes live.
- Promote on various social media channels.
- Add show permalink to your website media page.
- Send a solo message to your subscribers. (if you do a lot of interviews, a once a week update is fine..
As you can see, there is more to getting booked than simply sending out a request to a host or producer.
Ready to skyrocket your visibility with podcast interviews? Check out the 100 Club Mastermind Boot Camp!