As part of my ongoing commitment to bring topnotch podcast interview information to I recently interviewed Hilary Sutton, host of Hustle & Grace Podcast. What an amazing conversation we had. In less than 15 minutes, Hilary shared a wealth of information and ideas any expert who seeks to get booked on podcast shows needs to pay heed to.
With over 50 episodes featuring a cross-section of guests, Hilary is in season three of her show.
Hustle & Grace Podcast focuses on how entrepreneurs can enjoy the hustle of business and yet, still have a life. Hilary Sutton’s preference is to interview guests who share their story rather than focus on a specific area of expertise.
Hilary Sutton’s recommendations
- Strive for balance
- Create an intentional career
- Have goals and passion in your business
- Advice to Experts Seeking Interviews
- Hosts are interested in guests who bring value to the audience
- Focus on collaboration with the host
Mistakes made when approaching hosts
- Never listening to the show but pretending they have
- Not focusing on what’s important to the host or audience
- Not being prepared
- Listen to at least a few minutes of several episodes
- Be creative in your approach
- Have a media kit including a bio, headshot, contact information
Top 3 Tips
- Be clear on who you want to reach regarding the host and the audience
- Be thoughtful to who you are reaching out to
- Let the host know you will promote via social media and to your subscribers
Hilary Sutton is a writer, speaker, and consultant. She has courses on how to build a freelance career as well as freelance coaching.
Contact Hilary Sutton
One of the best ways to gain massive visibility fast is to be a featured expert on podcast shows. I specialize in working with experts who want massive visibility by way of podcast interviews. Whether you are promoting a book, are a speaker looking for visibility or any type of expert who wants to skyrocket your profile, podcast interviews are the way to go.