“Keep your eye on the horizon!” Words my marathon coach shared with me today. At the beginning of a 9 mile power walk, Nina said that keeping our eyes on the horizon will keep us focused and energized.
How true this is. Not just for a marathon, but for virtually any goal we have. Years ago a good friend of mine, Audrey Joseph, went through race car training when she got a Corvette. Her trainer told her, “Keep your eyes on where you want to go. Otherwise you will end up somewhere you likely don’t want to be.”
Whether driving a high performance car, running a race or running a business, what you focus on is what you get. Simple as that. It is essential to know what you want and the direction you need to move in to achieve an outcome that is consistent with what you want.
Unfortunately, many people focus more on what they don’t want more often than what they do want. “I don’t want to be fat, I don’t want to be broke, I don’t want to be lonely.” Switch that to, “I want to be healthy. I want to have a great cash flow. I want to be surrounded by people I love and those who love me.”
Achieving what we want takes discipline, work and effort. As my good friend, Dr. Joe Capista says, “You can have anything in life you want, if you want it bad enough and are willing to pay the price.”
A few weeks ago I made a decision to fulfill a longtime desire. I signed up for a marathon. Having never run a marathon before it is essential for me to keep the finish line in my vision. It is also important for me to remember why I chose to make this decision. It is also important that I get proper training from skilled coaches in order to prevent injury. If I don’t take these important steps, I likely will give up when the going gets tough.
Knowing how to set goals and achieve them can mean the difference from living a life with passion and living a life of settling for.
If you would like to find out more about how to set transformational goals, join me and my good friend, Lorraine Cohen on June 18th for The Truth About How to Set and Achieve Life Transforming Goals! During this insightful one hour session you will…
- Determine what you really want (rather than what you think you should want or what others want for you)
- Identify the little things that sabotage your big successes
- Find out about the five critical factors that support achieving your goals & dreams
- Learn the power of thought, words and behaviors and how they either support or impede your outcomes
- Discover what inspires, motivates, and empowers you to go the distance
- Learn how to shift your attitude when you are torn between moving forward or throwing in the towel
- Discover why taking 100% responsibility for your choices and actions is critical to your success
To learn more and register, go to http://www.streetsmartsmarketing.com/Fundraiser.htm