As an expert, it’s likely that you’ve thought of the power of podcast shows. The question is, “Do you start your own show or do you appear on other people’s shows?”
Let’s break it down to see which is best for you.
As a Host
Running your own show gives you the ability to showcase any type of information you want. You are the “boss.” However, there are time and financial investments to running your own show that you won’t experience if you appear on established shows.
- Why are you doing a show?
- Who is the show for?
- Why should they listen to you?
- Name your show
- Determine platform
- Recording equipment
- Recording and Editing software
- Converting episode
- Show notes
- Hosting platform
- Submitting to directories
As a Featured Expert
Facts and Figures
A few facts and figures to consider when deciding to use podcasts as a platform for raising awareness about you, your products and services and your business are that, according to Podcast Insights…
- 50% of all U.S. homes are podcast fans.
- 45% of monthly podcast listeners have household income over $75K – vs 35% for the total population
- 27% of US podcast listeners have a 4-year college degree – vs 19% for US pop
- 49% of podcast listening is done at home, down from 51% in 2017
- 22% listen while driving (in a vehicle), same as 2017
- Comedy is the most popular podcasting genre, followed by education and news
- Podcast listeners are much more active on every social media channel (94% are active on at least one – vs 81% for the entire population)
- Podcast listeners are more likely to follow companies and brands on social media
- Podcast listeners are more likely to subscribe to Netflix or Amazon Prime (meaning they are less likely to be exposed to TV advertising)
- 69% agreed that podcast ads made them aware of new products or services
If you’re just starting out, my recommendation is to be a featured expert before starting your own show. But it takes more than simply getting on shows. There are specific steps and strategies to the process.
To learn exactly what to do, get the Podcast Interview Checklist absolutely FREE. http://www.powerupforprofits.com/checklist
To dig deeper, check out the Podcast Rockstar Club http://www.powerupforprofits.com/podcastrockstar