So you booked your first interview and now you’re saying now what?
- Have fun
- Have a short intro prepared so when the host asks you about yourself, your thoughts are organized.
- Create value for the listeners/viewers
- Even if the show is “audio only” be prepared to go on camera. Some hosts like recording while on camera although they may only use the audio portion.
- Keep in mind, it’s about the audience and the host, not you.
- Use an external mic and headset or earbuds
- Be yourself
- When asked how people reach you, let people know by speaking slowly. If you are giving a web address, speak slowly and say it twice.
Get the Checklist
Not sure how to get interviews? Get the Podcast Interview Checklist for a step-by-step plan you can implement immediately. CLICK HERE
Just today a client let me know she secured a $5,000 contract from a podcast appearance! $5,000. And she wasn’t even selling anything. How did she do it? She followed a proven formula for success.
With the checklist you will: