With all the choices of social networks and social media marketing you might wonder where your time is best utilized.
The standard locations are:
One social network proving to be incredibly valuable is SlideShare.
Although I’ve known about SlideShare for quite some time, it’s been only in the last month I’ve actively utilized this great resource.
SlideShare is the world’s largest community for sharing presentations. With 60 million monthly visitors and 130 million page views, it is amongst the most visited 200 websites in the world. Besides presentations, SlideShare also supports documents, PDFs, videos and webinars.
Whether you want to spread the word on a PowerPoint presentation, an article or a video, you will benefit greatly from incorporating SlideShare into your marketing mix.
With one recent presentation I posted I had over 335 views in just a few hours. Those are 300 potential opt in subscribers to my list. They are also 335 potential buyers of my products and services.
Not only did I get a lot of views with this presentation it streamed as Hot on Facebook. This is an added benefit that generates even more visibility for my presentation and my expertise.
Here are a few tips to get the most out of SlideShare.
- Give your presentation a name with keywords your market uses in their searches.
- The content on your slides is automatically transcribed, which will boost your SEO. As with the title, use keywords throughout your presentation.
- Use images in your presentation especially on the title slide. This is more engaging to your viewers.
- Add a slide or two with a URL directing viewers to an opt in page. If your presentation is outstanding viewers will definitely want more of you.
- Put a promotion strategy in place before publishing your presentation.
- Promote your presentation once it’s uploaded on SlideShare. This will increase views which increases position.
It’s definitely time to check this out as part of your marketing mix.
Be sure to subscribe to The Marketing Mindset to receive regular updates.