The first time I heard, “The more you speak, the more you speak,” I was just beginning to use speaking engagements to build my business. It took me a few times hearing this before I actually got what this means.
Simply put, the more people hear your message, the more opportunity you create.
Get Through the Noise
In today’s noisy world, both online and off, it can be difficult to cut through the noise. Lots of people are vying for the attention of YOUR potential customers and clients.
Why is it that some people make it through the noise while others get lost in the shuffle? First, the ones who get through the noise are most likely positioning their message in a way that they are serving first before they ever try to sell. They are a resource before they are a vendor.
Secondly, the people getting through the noise view themselves as experts. They are confident in the knowledge, experience and the value they bring to the table.
Those who struggle are likely trying to convince themselves they have something to offer.
You Must Be Convinced
It never ceases to amaze me when I encounter someone who obviously has a great deal of expertise but they are yet to be convinced of how valuable this experience is to their clients.
The majority of my clients have experience in an industry that spans many years; two, three and even four decades of experience of working for a company or in a field. Yet, for some reason, when they branch out on their own, they seem to feel their previous experience doesn’t count for much.
I’m here to tell you… it does! And in a big way.
Get Your Message Out
The second challenge they seem to face is how to position their message. By far, one of the best ways is through speaking. Presentations, online and off, offer great opportunity to showcase your expertise.
Whether to groups of five or five hundred, training and speaking gives you the edge over your competition.
Here’s the best part, not everyone wants to present and even if they do, they don’t necessarily know how to find lots of opportunity. Once you know how to figure this out you create ample opportunity for you and your business.
You see, the more you speak, the more you speak. When people hear you, they get to know you. When they get to know you, they trust you. When they trust you, they are more likely to buy from you.
Speaking to build your business is the foundation of building long term success.
There are a variety of ways to get in front of your market through speaking.
- Speak at association meetings.
- Partner with other experts to host half-day and full-day workshops.
- Host intimate mastermind retreats for up to ten people.
- Offer self-staged events that bring in anywhere from 50 – 250 people.
- Work with meeting planners who find you paid speaking opportunities.
Not sure where to start? Check out Speak, Sell, Profit home study course. http://speaksellprofit.com/
- Learn how to jump-start your speaking and begin making money immediately.
- Understand the elements of a powerful presentation and how to craft a speech that people will talk about for years to come.
- Discover what works and what doesn’t when it comes to developing a memorable speech.
- Discover what you need to do to become a “celebrity speaker” in niche markets.
- Find out how to create multiple streams of revenue from one speaking engagement.
Make a decision that IS a game changer for you and your business. I can assure you, this will be time well invested.
Click here to access.
Be sure to join the Power Up for Profits Facebook group. Join with others speakers, authors and consultants who are rocking it!