It’s likely that one of your resolutions for the coming year is to gain more visibility. You’re committed to be seen in a big way in 2015.
Your intentions are sincere, but chances are within a very short period of time you will get caught up and fall behind.
To avoid this happening to you, the best thing you can do is pace yourself, not try to do too much in an incredibly short period of time to avoid setting yourself up for failure even before you begin. On the flip side, you need to take massive action to get great results.
Effective ways to gain visibility are to write articles (yes, article marketing is alive and well for those who consistently post articles), host teleseminars and webinars, be a featured expert on teleseminars and webinars, secure interviews on radio and podcast shows, speak on the platform and write a book.
In addition to everything already mentioned blogging can open up lots of opportunity.
It’s no secret that blogging is a great way to build a following of loyal reader, position your expertise and share your perspective and point of view.
Blogging is by far, one of the best platforms for you to have a voice with minimal barriers to entry. Additionally, when you blog, it’s likely you will open up lots of other opportunity for visibility such as a podcast host inviting you on their show.
In order to get the most out of your blogging efforts you need to be strategic in your approach.
- Speak your truth. If your desire is to stand out from the competition you have to be willing to speak your mind.
- Avoid trying to please everyone. The fact is, no matter what you write there will be those who love you and those who could care less about who you are and what you have to say. Actually, the more you write from your perspective, the more likely you will have some people who will vehemently resist what you say. So be it. It’s par for the course.
- Be consistent. On again, off again efforts will get you very little results. To get the most out of your efforts blog once a week at a minimum. The more you blog, the quicker your voice is heard and the faster you build a loyal readership.
- Look for guest blogging opportunities. The easiest way to write as a guest blogger is to have a lot of content on your own blog. A blogger with a track record has far more opportunity than someone who has little, if anything written.
- Stick with it. The longer you blog, the more opportunity you create.
Promote your posts
- Rather than simply writing content for your blog, you will get much more traction by posting a bit of the content elsewhere in order to lead readers back to your blog postings. Send the first few paragraphs to your subscriber list with a “read full article” with the permalink leading back to the blog post.
- Post the permalink on social media. It’s likely you have several social media accounts. These are ideal places for you to position your blog posts.
- Post the blog post to Slide Share. It’s amazing how quickly you can get hundreds of views for your posts on Slide Share. Invite readers to go to your blog to read more posts you’ve written.
- Post the full article on 3 – 6 top article directories. In the resource box you can direct readers back to your blog with something like, “For more articles by _____________ go to _____________.”
- Tweet portions of your post with the permalink included in the tweet.
NOTE: A permalink is a URL that links to a specific news story or Web posting. Permalinks are most commonly used for blogs. Permalinks give a specific Web address to each posting so that blog postings can be bookmarked.
The main point is to take action. All the intentions in the world won’t do you much good if you don’t take action.
Ready to take more action on gaining visibility? Join me for “2015 marketing Trends You Need to Know About.” This is a private event for Power Up Insider Club members. During this member-only webinar you will learn how to fully position your products and services to gain massive visibility.
Not a member? Join for only $27. Not only will you receive weekly business growing lessons, you will also have a spot reserved for “2015 marketing Trends You Need to Know About Webinar.
Insider Club registration link http://www.powerprofitsinsiderclub.com/
I agree, Kathleen. Blogging is such a wonderful way to help your audience get to know you. And one post an be repurposed in so many ways such as articles, audio and video tips, articles series and even ebooks. You mention posting to 3-6 article directories and aside from EzineArticles, what other ones do you recommend, since I’ve seen a number of them come and go?
Thanks for sharing this valuable information to get us off to a good New Year’s start!
I also like http://www.evancarmichael.com/ and http://www.selfgrowth.com/
OK-thanks Kathleen. Yes, I forgot about Self-Growth. I’ll check out the other one.